There are many changes due to co-vid – classes will be on Monday & Wednesday until further notice in the Ashingdon Memorial Hall
Monday – Jive Classes – 1940’s Swing – 2 sessions
Monday (Not on Bank Holidays) 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Wednesday –Jive Classes – 1950’s Rock ‘n’ Roll -2 sessions
Wednesday 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm
I will be re-opening on Monday 17th August subject to Government guidance. (If the guidance is negative I will hold the bookings and first week off until it is safe to do so).
Both Classes will be held at the Ashingdon Memorial Hall on MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY until Rawreth re-opens.
I am limited to 8 couples per session at the moment and this may change.
There will be two sessions per class night – Session one beginner’s 7.30 – 8.30 Session Two improvers 8.45 – 9.45. Each session will include a short warm up stroll a 30 minute class and freestyle/practice time.
Each session is priced at £5 per person.
Co-vid Conditions what to expect if you attend
There will be Co-Vid conditions and this is what to expect, what to do and how to do it should you wish to attend.
Due to social distancing the class will be unable to rotate and change partners like we normally do. So if you wish to attend you must book with a partner from your household or support bubble.
- You will have your own area to dance in maintaining a social distance
- You will need to bring your own drink – refreshments will not be provided
- Your temperature will be taken before entering
- You will be able to use the handwashing and toilet facilities
- Hand sanitiser will be available
- You must stay in your area remaining socially distanced from others
- One way system in main door – out fire doors – please maintain social distance in lobby should you need to
- You must go into your area quickly allowing for a prompt start
- To attend you must book in advance – Class numbers will be limited so please be prepared.
- Paper work for track and trace can be done electronically with your advanced booking
- Initially starting with couples only or support bubbles
- Dancers are not required to wear PPE – Masking wear is not essential as you will be with your partner, feel free to wear if you want too
- Do not wear gloves
- There will be a 15 minute change over period so turn up 5 minutes before class starts
- Once inside the venue you must obey social distancing rules at all times.
- Most importantly do not turn up if you are feeling unwell in anyway
- Payment can be still be made in cash or bank transfer/paypal
How to book
I have a mobile number dedicated to Dickie bows I will take people on a first come first served basis which would be the same as online booking when the slots are gone they will be marked up on the Facebook Page/Mr Dickie Bows group page. The website notice banner will indicated when all are gone or if any are available. I will take bookings on Thursdays starting at 10.00 am for the following week I will strictly adhere to a 10.00 am start for bookings.
Dedicated Mobile number is 07712176361 please only use this number for booking a place.
Text me your
Email address (I need to send you paper work)
Which Session you want
Monday 7.30 – 8.30 or 8.45 – 9.45 (swing)
Wednesday 7.30 – 8.30 or 8.45 – 9.45 (Rock n Roll)
This may change according to demand
I will contact via email to let you know if you have been successful (I am so sorry if you are not) at this stage I don’t really know the demand.
Please look at the FB pages to keep updated on the booking progress.
This is the only way I can do it and really hope normal returns as soon as possible.
Booking for the week 17th August will start on Thursday 6th August to give me an idea of demand. Then on the Thursday of each week starting 20th.
Ashingdon & East Hawkwell Memorial Hall, Ashingdon Road
Rochford Essex SS4 3HF